Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two Double Nine Patches


The double nine patch is one of the easiest patterns to make but it looks complex depending on the way you arrange the colours.  You start off with your regular nine patch and split it in half diagonally and vertically.  The patch in the middle is going to be the smallest, the ones in the corner will remain intact and ones in the center sides will end up rectangles.  Clear as mud?  There are lots of good  instructions for doing this on the internet.  My purple and red was the very first one I did and I only used 3 large blocks .  I was just trying out the pattern.  The green and red one is a charity quilt and the fabrics were given to me to make the quilt.  I wasn't crazy about the colours but I think it turned out well.  I have made several baby quilts with this pattern, it makes up fast and looks great.

No comments: