Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Camera

My old Canon gave up the ghost.  I received it for a Birthday gift from my mom almost 5 years ago and when I took it in to have it fixed the fellow said that it wasn't worth fixing because it was old.  Technology moves too fast these days.  It cost me less to buy a new camera, that is way better than the old one.  My Mom has had her camera for years.  It is a film camera and it is getting harder for her to find places to develope the film.  She refuses to get a new digital camera because it is just too difficult for her to get use to the new technology.  She likes the old way of doing things.  When I show her pictures that I have taken on the computor, she says they are very nice, but she would rather have a copy in her hand.  I think that any of us over the age of 40 have had to get use to a new way of picture storage.  I have boxes of albums and pictures, they could take up a room of their own, but over the last five years I have just 5 cd's of pictures, and they take up little space.  My mother-in-law decided that she just didn't have room anymore for all her photo albums so she gave them Arnie to take care of.  What happens to all these old pictures when you're gone.  Your kids don't want all those old pictures of the family cat and dog.  If they can take a handfull of cd's or what ever the future holds and in a matter of minutes pick and chose what they want it's a lot more efficient and propably a treat for them rather than a big job.  My new camera is a Nikon Cool Pix and it is Pink!

No comments: