Monday, October 18, 2010

Joyce's Birthday

We had a lovely hot! day for Joyce's 80th Birthday party.  Mid August and it was a scorcher.  We borrowed an pop up awning from a friend and we have a tarp garage we were able to put up so everybody could sit in the shade.  It made it bearable.  I had my fridges loaded with veggie, sandwich and fruit trays and pop and of course my outside fridge, which was loaded, gave up the ghost the night before. I woke up to a pool of water in the carport, some soggy trays and lack of refrigeration. Fortunately, I had a small air conditioner in my computer room and I was able to blast it down to 60 which gave me a cold storage room.  I was able to keep everything nice and cool until it was served.  Thank God the rest of the party went a little smoother. 








We had about 50 people attend and I know that Joyce had a great time and enjoyed her Birthday.  A lot of people gave her scratch and win tickets, that kept her busy scratching for days.  The Birthday cake had melted a bit in the car and was a little lopsided, but I don't think anyone noticed.  The party went exactly as I had planned it, an elegant tea, on a beautiful day for a special Birthday.

No comments: