Friday, October 29, 2010

Candiana in Cloth

As if I don't have enough quilting projects to keep me busy, I have decided to take an eight month class with Dianne Stevenson called Canadiana in Cloth. She was voted the Canadian quilt teacher of the year for 2010, so to be able to take a class from her is an honour and something I just couldn't turn down.  At first I just signed up because she was teaching it, I didn't really have much interest in the quilt, but after the first class, I was hooked.  It is a three hour class, once a month, for eight months, and is it a combination history lesson, show and tell and block patterns.  We are to make out quilt represent our vision of Canada and reflect our own personal history.  Our homework was to make four maple leaf blocks (which are not yet done) and we were given some other block patterns which we can do, or not.  At the Langley quilt show in the spring I took some pictures of the Canadiana quilts that the some of the Langley ladies had made.  I am looking forward to my next lesson.

s

1 comment:

The Pied Pedlar said...

What a lovely idea for a quilt chanenge.I will be interested to see how your is coming along.