Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vancouver Island





I was on Vancouver Island that last week of March. What a great trip. It was a business trip for Arnie, so we were able to eat in lots of great restaurants. So it was basically a trip of sight seeing for me, eating and visiting with our aunties. Arnie's aunt Ruth is in Campbell River and my aunt Alice is in Nanaimo. I haven't seen either of them in about 5 years so it was great to be able to spend time with them both. Our first day started at 4am after only 3 hours of sleep for me. I have been having a bout with insomnia but after a few days on sleeping pills and getting my sleep patterns back in sync I have been sleeping like a log. The first day was a bit rough. We took the ferry to Sydney and got there about 9:00 am. After a couple of calls into local marinas Arnie dropped my off in Sydney for the morning while he went on some more calls. I was in the downtown core, so the first thing I did was head for a coffee shop and had some fabulous coffee and a oat square. It was a horrible rainy day and being right on the water it was very windy. My umbrella got trashed and I got quite wet, but hey, I was on vacation, so it didn't matter. I wondered through a few gift shops and clothing stores. Everything was expensive, but it was all designer clothes etc. Arnie met me for lunch and we went to a Greek restaurant. It was fantastic food. I had greek salad and a lamb gyro, and Arnie had the same.

No comments: