Thursday, April 2, 2009

Falling leaves




I finally got my quilt finished. I took a class by Carol Piercy and this is her own designed pattern. I dyed my background fabric and some of the fabrics in the leaves are my dyed fabrics. If I did this again I would try to have more contrast between the background and the leaves. I didn't know when I made it that there wouldn't be enought contrast. I also did a different design for the beading than the pattern.
I hung it on my sewing room door. My daughter's cat got into a package of muffin mix while we were sleeping and threw it all over the dinning room. And then pulled the hanging off my sewing room door and rolled around on it with the muffin mix. If that wasn't enough, one of the cats peed on the hanging, so that when I got up in the morning it was wet, stinky and coated in wet muffin mix. Now I have laughed at stories of how pets have messed up quilts, so I guess it was karma. I had done the label with a Martha Stewart permanent fabric pen and guess what? It's not permanent. Now I have a blank label that I will have to unstitch and redo, probably with a micron pen. I should have used that in the first place. It didn't wash up great because the batting shrunk a bit. And it was hard to iron around the beads. It is in my sewing room now, and will not have a home until my daughter and her brat cat move out.

No comments: