Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Welcome Friends



At my quilt guild a few weeks ago we had a demo night. Next year our block of the month will be a crazy quilt taken from a calendar put out by the Piecemakers group. It will be challenging with lots of embroidery so some of the guild members demoed embroidery stitches. They gave everyone a little baggie with the pattern drawn on a piece of cloth, floss, and needle. It was a great demo. I finished mine at home. It was so relaxing to do. I learned how to embroidery from my Grandmother when I was young. I had done some embroidery over the years, but once I discovered quilting, all other crafts went out the window. Now I find I can combine embroidery and quilting. What fun. (actually I knew about it, I just didn't want to do it before lol). Next challenge is silk ribbon embroidery for the crazy quilt. And also challenging to find the silk ribbon. I will probably buy white and dye it myself. I will be posting how that went!

No comments: