Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines


My guild was having a guest speaker for Valentines Day, a fellow named Paul who makes modern quilts.  I have been looking forward to his presentation since September, but unfortunately I have had a virus and didn't want to spread to to my quilting friends.  So I had to give it a miss.  My hubby took me out for a fast Vietnamese dinner and it was very good. I had salad rolls, which I always enjoy and a soup which was a little bland and deep fried wontons and they were yummy.  He also gave me a dozen beautiful white roses.

Sometimes called "the flower of light", one of the meanings of white roses is everlasting love - love stronger than death, an eternal love, undying and all sustaining. White rose speaks of a love that is sustained more by loyalty, reverence and humility than by red-blooded passion. So, in its capacity to worship someone till death, the meaning of a white rose is unchanging loyalty that endures beyond all else.

 

No comments: