Saturday, May 9, 2009

Victoria

We drove from Sydney to Victoria and checked in to the Best Western. I had been having trouble sleeping for the last few days so I was a little tired and cranky. We drove around Victoria and what a beautiful city. I haven't been there since my honeymoon almost 26 years ago, so it was wonderful to be there with Arnie again. I just wish we could have spent a few days there, but it was a business trip, so all we got was overnight and a few hours in the morning. We drove to Esquimalt which is a suburb of Victoria. It looked pretty shabby to me, and the restaurant we ate in, as far as I'm concerned was pretty crumby. Arnie liked it though. My chicken was burnt on the bottom and I thought the place was dirty. It was called the Pasley. The next morning we went to a restaurant for breakfast. It looked like a greasy spoon but the meals were cheap, tasty and big. The toast was wonderful. Texas style. I asked the owner what brand of bread it was and she said they got it especially from a bakery. I told her that we loved it and she sold me a loaf. They don't usually do that, so it was very nice of her. We then walked across the street to the Satin Moon Quilt Shop. I have been wanting to go there for years. I was not dissapointed. The had everything for all quilters from tradional, to art quilting. There was a comfortable chair for Arnie to sit in and a paper for him to read so he was happy. I spent about an hour browsing in there, then it was time to leave and get on the road to visit some marine shops.




Victoria also has a really cute China Town. We parked the car there. I am used to china town in Vancouver which is quiet a few blocks and this one was just one block, but there were lots of vegetable markets and hopefully next time I go over I will get to explore more of Victoria.

No comments: