Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year





We had a lovely Christmas with all my kids at home on Christmas morning, something that hasn't happened for a long time. My mother and her boyfriend were unable to make it over unfortunatly due to the heavy snow fall we had been having over the week. He is 83 and it is enirely understandable that he may not want to drive in lousy weather. It was the first Christmas for me in my 53 years of living that I was unable to spend with my mother. So I really missed her and so did the kids. Luckily Nicole and Ian were going into Vancouver to his grandparents so they were able to stop by and visit with my mom for a while. I sure she really enjoyed the visit. We had a small crowd at dinner, just six of us, where we usually have ten or more so we were able to have a sit down dinner, rather than balancing plates on our laps. That was kind of nice. We got spoiled from Santa as usual and it was a fun day.

No comments: