Monday, April 28, 2008

Art Studio tour




My little burg has art studio tours every year, but this is the first time I've gone. The art club publishes a little map and you can go all over Maple Ridge and see various artist's studios and art work. It was fun to see some of the studios. I only went to 7 out of the 15 or so, but for the most part, a lot of these artist's also had fantastic gardens. So it was like an art show and garden show. Most were painters, but one was a potter and one was a knitter with wool she had carded her self. I bought a little bowl and some art cards that were prints of the artist's original work. One of the artist paints scenery of places in Maple Ridge, quite a few of the dyke. I bought a little card of a scene that everyone in Maple Ridge is familiar with, a sandy area off the dyke on the river where you can swim and fish. I took my kids there many times when they were children and I have lots of happy memories of that place.

No comments: