Thursday, March 13, 2008

2003 chanllenge quilt



I finally finished it!!! yay for me. This quilt was originally started in 2003. I went to the Western Retreat and took part in a fabric swap each of 25 people brought a meter of fabric that was then cut up into 25 pieces each about 4" x 10" . The challenge was to make a quilt incorporating all the fabrics and to be finished in September 2004. Well my top was done by 2004 but then languished for about a year and a half until I sandwiched it and started hand quilting. I then would pick it up occasionally and do some hand quilting, but it was slow going. In February, I had a look at it and decided that if I didn't machine quilt it , it would never be finished, so I ripped out all the hand quilting and got it finished up on the sewing machine in about 2 weeks. I am so glad it is done! The pattern is an adaptation of a Debbie Mumm pattern of the month.

2 comments:

buffi said...

Awesome quilt! Love your work!

Terry van der Est said...

Thanks Buffi, it is great to be finished and to move on to something else